August 25, 2010

Inching Right Along

I feel wildly compelled to push on with Project Basement lest it grind to an apathetic halt.  The more time I spend without a paintbrush in my hand, the less I feel the desire to paint.

I filled the nail holes in the basement wall on my lunch break today.


We already had a small jar of spackling on hand from a previous project.  I filled each teeny hole with a dab of spackling on the end of my finger and used a paper towel to remove the excess.  Not very scientific, but it got the job done.


This evening I lightly sanded the wall to even out the spackling along with any rough spots in the wood.  After sanding, I applied a coat of Kilz 2 latex primer.  First, I painted the joints of the paneling with a brush:


I then applied 2 coats of primer using a 6 inch roller across the panels.


Not too shabby for a Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment