September 14, 2010

The HVAC Museum

We have moved furniture and area rugs onto the front porch to make room for the HVAC work.  First, the contractor will need to cut out the pipes in the basement and remove the radiators upstairs.


The radiators appear so charming from a distance.  I'm feeling a little nostalgic about them.  The radiators have been a part of this home since it was built in the early 1920's.  I will miss draping mittens and scarves over them in the winter.

Let's get up close and personal so you can see why these things make me so crazy.


I can't wait to paint the walls behind the radiators!


SO DIRTY!  
I am excited to clean the floor and baseboards behind the radiators!


Ugh!  Let's not forget the timeless style of the chic window AC unit!


I have an awful lot of respect for this old school heating system that has functioned with no problems for such a very long time.  They sure don't make 'em like they used to.

General Electric Co. - Made in U.S.A.
H. A. Thrush & Co. - water pressure relief valve
original tag attached to relief valve
Gravity tank in the hall closet.
Some people have said we are making a terrible mistake by removing the radiators.  Radiator heat is such a "nice" heat.  I agree, but I say enough is enough!  Out with the old and in with the new.  I'm tired of living in an HVAC museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment