September 28, 2011

Bedroom #3: Almost a Nursery




The major cosmetic work is complete.  Furniture is in place. Tiny shirts and socks and supplies are neatly tucked away.  Bedroom #3 feels like a brand new room: fresh, clean and bright.  Exactly what I was hoping to achieve.

A great neutral starting point - a blank canvas - for a brand new beginning.

For the time being, I'm content to take some time to sit back and get to know this little room all over again.  We'll be revisiting this space in the near future when we've met the little one and we're ready to add fun things like art, accessories and a little bit of color.

I can happily say (with a sigh of relief) that for now this room is ready.

-----------------------------------------------------

This post has been linked up with:
Roomspiration: Show Us Your Nursery @ à la mode
Kid's Places and Spaces Challenge @ The CSI Project

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE those striped walls. Looks like you are all ready! (Found you over on the Roomspiration Blog Hop...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and so peaceful! I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! So simple, clean, and lovely. No fuss--delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out wonderful. I love that you didn't make it into your typical nursery. It will carry your child through many years without having to be changed.

    Can you come to my house now? I have 3 bedrooms that need painting :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the modern, yet traditional, changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just precious! I love how light and airy your stripes make the entire room look. And i also think i spy a sock monkey - love!


    Check out my Full Circle Home Giveaway!
    http://strewth-tiger.com/?p=2309

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it!! The stripes are awesome!! Actually all of it is! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stripes -a subtle pattern but a great backdrop for accessorizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love. The whole room looks so relaxing. I love the white molding and furniture with the natural wood tones. The whole thing is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling nursery!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, just plain awesome -- usually I'm not a huge fan of strips but you guys managed to get it PERFECT. Love this room. Definitely bookmarking it for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stripes are wonderful! You'll be able to accessorize to fit your little one to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I'm so glad that now you can relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, the stripes looks AMAZING! Great job ... and it's such a sweet nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those stripes are great! I want to do something like this on a wall in my living room. I can see our places are very much alike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!..
    Stratton Exteriors

    ReplyDelete